6 Clean Eating Desserts & Recipes
If you have a sweet tooth and enjoy that dessert, there are healthy options. Here are 6 health clean eating desserts that are cheap, quick to make and healthy for a dessert. And for those who loves a muffin or an ice-cream, do check out the last two heavenly desserts!
1. Greek Salad and Blueberries
Simple and yet delicious. Just take some plain Greek salad and sprinkle in some blueberries. A simple health dessert.
Cereal is a good option for dessert because it normally comes in at under 250 calories for a portion and is super tasty! Just choose a cereal like corn flakes and not sugar loaded cereals.
3. Greek Yogurt With Strawberries or Blueberries
Nice cooling dessert, and when you mix it with strawberries or blueberries (or both), it is delicious. Yummy clean eating dessert.
4. Dark Chocolate
You do not need to remove chocolate entirely from your diet! When you do have it though, try to gravitate more toward dark chocolate. Dark chocolate contains less sugar and is also rich in numerous other beneficial ingredients. That includes theobromine, which can improve brain function and give you a kind of ‘relaxed’ energy boost.
5. Greek Yogurt Chocolate Banana Muffins
This is one yummy chocolate banana muffin from chelseasmessyapron.com – which is baked a bit healthier and in ‘bakery style’ — plenty of mashed banana, healthy Greek yogurt, plus less sugar!
Ingredients – Bananas, whole wheat white flour, cornstarch, baking soda, miniature dark chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, egg, cocoa powder, vanilla or plain Greek yogurt, coconut oil, vanilla extract, brown sugar
– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
– Generously coat a muffin tin with cooking spray and then dust the cavities with cocoa powder.
– Remove 1 tablespoon of the 1 cup of flour.
– In a small bowl, toss together the remaining flour (after removing 1 tablespoon from the 1 cup), cornstarch, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and both types of chocolate chips. Stir.
– Make sure your bananas are at their very ripest (black skins are best; see post to speed up the ripening process if not all the way ripe.) Remove the skins and mash the bananas extremely well.
– In another bowl, briskly whisk together the egg and Greek yogurt. Stir in the melted coconut oil (slightly cooled, but measure in it’s melted state),vanilla extract, brown sugar, and the extremely ripe mashed bananas.
– Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix until JUST combined. Over-mixing results in denser muffins.
– Separate the batter evenly among the 12 cavities or fill up 9-10 for extra large muffins.
– Bake for 18-23 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of a muffin.
– Allow to cool and then remove from the muffin tin.
– Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3 days.
– When ready to enjoy a muffin, microwave for 15-20 seconds. Spread with peanut butter if desired!
6. Healthy Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
Ice cream is not all that bad for you. This delicious chocolate banana ice cream (from eatingbirdfood.com) requires frozen bananas, unsweetened almond milk, cacao powder and almond butter. Best still, it does not need any added sugar, no kind of dairy and it still tastes amazing! Wahoooo…
Ingredients – Chopped frozen bananas, Unsweetened chocolate almond breeze milk, almond butter, cacao powder, cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips
1. Place bananas, almond milk, almond butter and cocoa powder into a food processor.
2. Pulse/process until smooth and creamy. You may need to turn off the motor and stir the mixture a couple times while processing.
3. Add in cacao nibs or chocolate chips (if using) and pulse once more. Scoop/spoon ice cream in to a bowl and enjoy!
Who says healtht clean eating desserts are boring!